Front End Engineer
I'm a conscientious and reliable front end engineer, with a particular love for usability and pixel-perfect experiences. I've spent the last decade coding user interfaces and, during this time, my love for the craft has only grown.
Even though I have led and managed teams, and I value that experience, I'm at my best as an individual contributor. This is because I'm very autonomous, independent, and reserved - so I prefer to be responsible largely for my own workload.
Vue is my favorite framework, but I have ample experience working with React, Next.js, Nuxt, and some proprietary solutions.
Charlotte, NC and Remote
- Developed frontends for a wide variety of businesses, ranging from the in-house mortgage startup to key partnerships in the telecoms and financial space.
- Worked on several projects that were important for my employer, representing tens of millions in revenue, and many times that in yearly visits.
- Guided some new-to-tech direct reports to solid proficiency through mentoring, peer programming, and code reviews.
- Led and managed various teams of up to five front end engineers—ranging from junior to senior level—and mentored my downline through several promotions.
Vermont Energy Investment Corporation
- Delivered AngularJS and .NET apps for several energy efficiency utilities, like Efficiency Vermont, the DC Sustainable Energy Utility, and Efficiency Smart. Some of the apps are still in use in 2023.
- Worked on sites and other web properties for some important partnerships, like Nest.
Servicios Integrales Pro Imagen
San Salvador, El Salvador
- Created and ran a business review site in my home country of El Salvador. The site was receiving around 900 daily uniques in its heyday.